Thursday, August 24

All Aboard!




In his book Trains, Thomas' favorite page is toward the end when the conductor puts his hand up in the air and shouts All Aboard! When we get to this page, he always turns to watch me because he knows I will raise my hand up in the air and shout All Aboard! He loves it. This morning Thomas heard a real train conductor shout All Aboard! several times (to which he smiled) as we enjoyed his first train ride.
.
Typically we visit the Zoo for about an hour but this morning we spent nearly 2.5 hours at the Zoo, taking a ride on the Zooliner. Thomas really enjoyed the train ride. Each time the train's horn sounded Thomas would answer Choo Choo! I found it terribly cute. As we neared the end of the ride, we were also nearing his nap time. Thomas was very content to sit on my lap with both hands in his pockets, staring straight ahead. His mama loved every second of it.
.

1 comment:

Jay & Jody said...

Awww!! I love when they are so tired that they are happy to sit still for a little while. It's the best!