Tuesday, June 12

Miss Christina

Meredith has always enjoyed dance and has always done very well.  We've taken classes at several different studios, some better than others.  Last August a preschool friend asked Meredith to take dance classes with her at San Elijo Dance & Music Academy.  At first, I hesitated.  Meredith was in a phase where she didn't want to do anything without my participation, too.  She was beginning to come out of it, but I worried that the first class would be great and the second (and subsequent) classes would be a downward spiral.  I felt like it was a gamble.  This studio requires a specific leotard and tutu, neither her ballet slippers nor her tap shoes fit anymore, and there was a 9 month contract with the studio.  It was a very costly gamble!  However, it paid off.  She absolutely loved this last year of dance and I think a big part of it had to with the other girls and her dance teacher, Miss Christina.  Meredith adores this woman.  She's a gifted teacher and incredible dancer.  I'm so pleased that this studio's experience was such a positive one for her.  Today's class was the last one.  We will both miss it terribly! 

No comments: