Monday, June 4

last weekend

 mmmmmexican food ~ so cute how she dresses herself!
.
 their favorite, VG donuts ~ the Cardiff Kook NOT dressed up (rare!)
 .
Thomas meets some new best friends (the bearded dragon, R, is what he wants)
 .
Fiesta del Sol, Solana Beach ~ lost tooth = silver dollar
.
Our last few weeks here are going by so quickly.  Last weekend I took a quick overnight trip up to Ventura (30 miles south of Santa Barbara) to run a marathon with my running pals.  I'm going to miss them terribly so it was awesome to get one last destination marathon trip in with a few of them.  However, it also happened to be Mike's last weekend here before our big move.  Although I was gone for roughly 30 hours, I'm happy the three of them got to spend all that time together -- and without me.  I love when we're all together, but I know the dynamics are different, just as they are different when it's just me with the two kids.  I'm glad they got to have this special time together. 

What'd they do?  The better question is "what didn't they do?".  From the Fiesta del Sol in Solana Beach to a reptile & lizard show at a local pet store to a morning in Cardiff at their favorite donut place to Thomas losing a tooth.  What a weekend!  We kicked it off Friday evening with awesome Mexican food at Casa de Bandini (another thing we'll miss: great Mexican food!), they enjoyed their time together, and we ended it with the kids and I taking Mike to the airport.  His new adventure has started and the kids and I are counting down the days until we get to join him.  We can't wait!

No comments: