Sunday, June 17

Kai, Thomas, Meredith & Xander at Legoland (Delaney is not pictured)
.
These four kids have so much fun together.  There's lots of excitement and anticipation in the days leading up to seeing each other.  They live in L.A. so we only see them a few times a year but they always remember each other and look forward to playing together.  Kai is 5 - 6 months older than Meredith so he plays equally well with both of our kids.  Last night I heard Kai and Thomas quizzing each other with spelling, math, general science stuff when they should have been sleeping!  Xander is 3.5 years old but doesn't miss a thing with the other kids.  He and Meredith play really well together, too.  Heck, they all play very well together.  Delaney just turned one year so she's not quite up to speed with these four, yet.  It was fun to have this family all over for dinner last night.  Kai stayed the night with us and then this morning we all met up again at our house before heading over to Legoland.  Talk about a fun time!  My kids will be talking about this for weeks to come...
.   
.
Since we live so close to Legoland, I always refuse to buy them anything at the park.  We'll get the "special treat", but never a toy, clothing or other general merchandise.  We live 2 miles away and go all the time.  I couldn't buy them something every time we go!  However, today is probably the last time we'll go before we move (and who knows when we'll be back) so they each picked out a new t-shirt. 

It's crazy how fast these last four years have gone.  The first membership I purchased anywhere when we moved here was the "Model Mom Club" membership at Legoland.  I think it was a Thursday only membership but that worked great for me.  I'd take Thomas in the BOB stroller and wear Meredith in the Ergo.  I joined the Stroller Strides workouts at the park -- talk about a workout when I was carrying a baby!  It's so different now with these two running all over the place!    

 

No comments: