Friday, July 18

Thomas Romas plays soccer

meeting everyone and reviewing the day's game plan
.
Thomas wows the coaches with his mad soccer skilz
.
Thomas is going for it!
.
another goal!
.
Thomas waits for the others ~ "Soccer is fun!!" they chant
.
There are very few things as much fun as watching preschoolers play sports, esp. when they are your own preschooler. Today Thomas started soccer camp. They don't play actual games, but instead work on soccer skills, following directions, teamwork, etc. He had so much fun! Afterwards he told me that the coaches were calling him Thomas Romas... "They call me Thomas Romas at soccer camp. Isn't that silly? I've never heard of such a thing!" as he laughs and then repeats it over and over. Meredith and I had a blast, too. She wanted to join in and was very curious about these blue cones used to mark the playing field. And this mama? Yes, I'm one of those annoying parents who cheers very loudly and almost nonstop (hey, at least I cheer for all the kids!) while also snapping photos left and right and chasing after a toddler who was determined to play soccer, too. It was quite the morning!

2 comments:

Trina Rae said...

Oh my, what fun!! Franny absolutely LOVES soccer. It's the perfect sport for little kids!

cherl said...

Perfect for the little ones AND perfect for parents because it is so much fun to watch. When all the kids gathered together, pointed at their balls and yelled, "I'm the boss of you, ball!" I just about rolled on the ground laughing. So much fun!