Tuesday, September 25

Oh, the things they say!

Thomas is a talker. All day long it's yak-yak-yak about something. And he's very observant. Yesterday at Target we had the following conversation after a young man in his 20s with some facial hair passed us in the aisle...

Thomas (rather loudly, certainly at a level the man could hear): "I don't like that man."

me (slightly embarrassed because if the man didn't hear him, the woman next to us certainly did): "Why do you say that? You don't even know him."

Thomas: "I don't like beards."

me: "Your dad has a beard."

Thomas: "I like beards. I don't like that man."

I guess this is the beginning of random, sometimes inappropriate and often embarrassing to the parent, things that may come out of his two year old mouth.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

That is awesome. He knew what he meant, and that's all that matters.
Thanks for the laugh.

p.s. Strap on your seat belt, because you are in for a ride. Just when I thought I'd heard it all, they still shock and amaze me with what they come up with.