Thursday, September 20

Chinese class

A few weeks ago I signed Thomas up for an introductory Mandarin Chinese class for toddlers (I love community center classes! Inexpensive, short period of time and just enough exposure to see if you are really interested in the material. They're so great!). I then made the mistake of telling him. Every single day for the last two weeks he has asked me if we are going to Chinese class.

Today was the day! Though we are not Chinese, I think it's great exposure and it's fun for him to learn some different things. Today he learned a few greeting phrases and numbers 1 thru 5. He brought home a paper lantern he made and a coloring page of numbers so we can practice counting this week. Thomas enjoyed the class and wasn't shy at all about participating in the activities and trying to speak the new words when the teacher asked him. It's been really fun for me to see these new changes in him over the last few weeks.

I also learned some new things today, but Meredith slept most of the class so I'm not sure what she got out of it...

1 comment:

Suzie Petunia said...

What a great thing to expose your kids to. Way to go, mom!