Wednesday, March 7

new book series for Thomas

Thomas loves to read.  He'll always have a couple of books that he's reading at the same time, too.  Anything from informational/instructional reads like (how to perform) magic books to favorites of all the kids his age - Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Flat Stanley, Junie B. Jones, Magic Tree House, etc. - to books that are well beyond his first grade level.  Today after his book club at the library I asked if he wanted to check out a new book.  He said yes and disappeared for a few minutes.  When he returned he had two books from the Choose Your Own Adventure series in his hands.  I had long forgotten about this series and how much I loved them as a child.  I showed him how the books are read and he became very excited.  He chose this book pictured above to check out today, but I have a feeling he'll be checking out more of these in the coming months.  I love how much he enjoys reading and learning at this age.

No comments: