Monday, January 16

lunch & a movie via Facebook

I love how quickly something can come about when it's a no school holiday and my mama friends are on Facebook.  I have a love-hate relationship with that social media site but it does have some positives and getting a group of friends together quickly is one of those things. 

Yesterday I invited a friend and her two kids to join us for lunch and an afternoon movie.  It was a cooler day and with no school, I thought we should do something fun indoors.  This morning a different friend posted on Facebook that she didn't have anything planned yet for her three kids on this no school day.  I invited her to join us and before you know it, we had a group of five moms and their ten kids headed out for lunch and a movie.  The kids all loved the movie - Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked - and it was a fun afternoon for me spent with good friends.     

No comments: