Monday, January 23

her special umbrella

It really doesn't rain enough here to justify the need for new rain boots, coats and umbrellas every year.  They would be barely broken in before they'd be outgrown.  But this is our second storm to pass through in just a few days and the rains have been heavy at times.  We walked to preschool this morning with an old umbrella we have but it just wasn't big enough for both of us and she's just so much shorter than me.  She complained the whole way about getting rain on her dress.  I promised her I'd find her a special umbrella all her own TODAY.  This was not easy.  I can find flip flops faster than I can find an umbrella in a store like Target - even in January.  Three stores later, I found this little cutie.  And although the rain had stopped by pickup, I brought her the umbrella to walk home with.  She's been carrying it around the house all day and bringing it with us in the car.  Tonight she wanted the umbrella on the floor next to her bed -- yes, it's that special to her.

*Thomas suggested she use it all year long to shade herself from the sun.  Smart boy!

No comments: