Saturday, April 17

party invitations

Yesterday we put together the guest list for Thomas' birthday party. He usually loses interest early during writing projects so this afternoon I suggested we start addressing envelopes now. I figured we could do five today, another five in a few days and so on until they are finished. Maybe it's the fact that they are his friends he's inviting to his party or maybe because of the way we went about it today, but he actually sat and addressed all 20+ envelopes without stopping once. I was totally blown away. And I love seeing his writing skills at this age. He's mixing upper and lower case letters (sometimes in the same name!), but I know this is just due to him being silly. Guidelines with a light pencil helped him keep letter size consistent. I think the writing looks great!

No comments: