Monday, April 19

her special playdates


We started rotating drop-off playdates with friends a few months ago. Thomas' Friday playgroup has worked beautifully. Every week there is a playdate, it rotates equally and the kids all get along great. They look forward to this weekly time with each other.
.
Meredith's group hasn't worked as well. We've hosted a few and another mom has hosted one, but then one started working temporarily, another experienced morning sickness... you know how it goes. It's also the first time these girls have been dropped off anywhere (Meredith is the exception). For weeks now Meredith has watched Thomas go play at friends' houses and has been in tears because she wants to stay and play, too.
.
But, it looks like our Monday playgroup for Meredith is turning around. The next two months are scheduled so we know who is hosting which days (yes, I've been pushy to get this going). This morning Meredith was very excited to go play at Grace's house. Thomas waited in the car while I walked her to the door but I really didn't even need to do that. She waved and blew me a kiss, then ran off into the house with her friend. I love that. And I love that these playdates will allow me some extra one-on-one time with Thomas. This morning we hit some balls at the driving range and then stopped for a pizza lunch. Grace's mom called while we were eating and offered to feed Meredith lunch so the girls could continue playing and I could spend more time out with my little guy. I love friends like that.
.
Meredith really enjoyed her 3 hour playdate -- so much so that she took a 40 minute nap later this afternoon!

No comments: