Monday, April 19

journals

I love that daddy is in a chair and his '9' is backwards
.
I love journals. I kept a writing one on and off growing up and in college I kept a drawing journal. So you can imagine how pleased I was to see Thomas enjoying the journaling they do at preschool. The students are asked to add an entry at least once a week and it can be whatever they want. Thomas' are mostly drawings.
.
I thought we should continue this journal project as a daily exercise during the summer. A few weeks ago we were in Target and the kids each picked out their own journal. We couldn't wait to get started so they made their first entries that day. They have continued making entries almost every day and more often than not, it's because Thomas has asked for his journal. His entries continue to be the date at the top, a drawing of something that happened the day before and I add a few notes at the bottom. Hers are drawings of happy faces and sometimes other things, like today's racecar.

No comments: