Thursday, April 16

mommy mistake #2156 ~ buying a recorder

"toot. toot. tootie. toot. toot. toot..."
"Mommy, did you hear me play Jingle Bells?"
"toot. toot. tootie. toot. toot. toot..."
"Mommy, did you hear me play The Itsy Bitsy Spider?"
"toot. toot. tootie. toot. toot. toot... with an oink oink here and an oink oink there... toot. toot..."
"Mommy, did you hear me play Old McDonald had a Farm?"
"toot. toot. tootie. tootie. toot..."
"Mommy, did you hear me play Bam Bam Diddley? I can play so loud the whole neighborhood can hear me toot. They can even hear me in Portland!"
[followed my nonstop giggling and more tooting...]

I think the novelty will wear off in an hour, but the ringing in my ears may last all day. *sigh*

3 comments:

scott said...

Ringing in the ears. Always the sign of a good concert.

Wendy said...

So that's what that sound was. I was wondering.

Native American Momma said...

oh dear just filed that one way "Never buy recorder"