Wednesday, April 11

pizza order

I encourage the kids to step up and do things like ask a sales associate at the store for help finding something, regularly talking to adults they don't know... things of that nature that a lot of young children seem to have difficulty doing.  It builds their self confidence and is good practice.  So tonight when I asked Thomas to go order and pick up his own slice of pizza, I found his reaction funny.  I guess I'm usually standing beside the kids when they do these sorts of things so for me to ask him to go into the pizza place and order all by himself was a bit strange to him.  What was I to do?  I couldn't leave Meredith outside at the neighboring establishment by herself.  I assured Thomas he'd be fine and told him exactly what to say.  I then stood outside between the two restaurants and watched him walk in, order his pizza slice, pay and answer a question from the employee (do you want the slice heated?).  Such a simple little thing to me, but huge to him.  Walking into the place all by himself sure made this boy happy and proud of himself!

No comments: