Friday, August 12

soccer camp

Thomas totally surprised me last spring when he told me he wanted to try a soccer camp this summer.  He's taken soccer lessons in the past but they didn't go over so well (too young, I think) and he hadn't expressed an interest until now.  I didn't want to discourage him so I signed him up but I was not looking forward to it.  I thought he'd probably like it enough the first day but wouldn't want to go back the second day.  Much to my surprise, he had a great time and couldn't wait for the next day.  The five hour a day camp definitely took its toll and later in the week he was clearly tired, but he finished the week and enjoyed it.  On the last day of camp, they invite parents to join the kids for lunch and games.  I think Thomas really got a kick out of having me participate with him.  At one point, he was raising my hand trying to get me to volunteer for stuff.  Crazy kid.  I love when he surprises me.   

No comments: