Tuesday, August 16

She's dancing again!

 
Meredith and I have both been excitedly waiting for dance lessons to start.  About nine months ago she suddenly decided she didn't want to participate in lessons (for anything) unless I was participating alongside her.  There was no rhyme or reason for this change in her.  I was frustrated and decided it would be best for both of us if we gave ourselves a break and resumed only when she was ready again.  I gently eased her back into lessons by having her take semi-private swim lessons with Thomas this summer.  And today, she started a new dance class at a local dance academy.  Her teacher is perfect for her and Meredith was grinning the entire class.  She loved it -- which made me very happy because dance is a big investment, esp. when one has been growing!  New ballet slippers, new tap shoes, new leotard, new tutu, new dance bag...

No comments: