Wednesday, February 10

together again

Today was my first full day back with the family. Last Friday evening my (maternal) uncle passed away in Portland. It was hard for me to leave Mike and the kids behind but I needed to be with my mom, my brothers and and my family. Mike took two days off work and did an amazing job taking care of the kids all day long, every day that I was gone. I know their time together was very good for all of them, but I still missed them terribly. I was away for three nights and four days. It was the longest I'd been away from the kids and the first time I'd been away from Meredith. Today was spent together. Thomas went to preschool, but aside from that time apart from him, the kids and I spent a lot of time just cuddling, laughing and being close to one another. It feels really good to be home.

No comments: