Thursday, November 5

our big girl

This little girl is amazing. Just yesterday I was telling someone how I approach potty training with our kids. I test the waters here and there, but never push and so I patiently wait until they are really, really ready. With Thomas, it was a like a light switch went off. One day he just decided that was it and it really was it. Amazing.
.
This morning Meredith woke up and decided she wanted to wear underwear. I wasn't particularly keen with the idea. I had thoughts of cleaning up accidents all over the house for a few hours and then insisting she wear a pull-up going through my head. Never happened. She did wear a pull up for about an hour in the afternoon. She had had two accidents and I thought maybe we should try underwear another day. She had other plans and a little later removed her pull-up, used her potty and wanted some underwear.
.
It's like a switch has been flipped once again. And I'm no less amazed how this process can happen with these kids. Meredith wore underwear all day long. We ate out for dinner! We went to Target where she used the restroom -- twice! No accidents out and she made it very clear when she needed to go find a restroom. During the drive home this evening she was tired and once again needed to use the restroom, but we told her she'd need to do her best to hold it for the 10 minute drive home. She cried, wasn't terribly happy about it and said she couldn't do it -- but she did!
.
She's in a pull-up this evening in bed and I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I'm just so proud of this little girl tonight. Good for you, Meredith!

No comments: