Saturday, November 28

card making, part 2

We finished up Thomas' cards today. The kids and I made the star suncatchers/ornaments two weeks ago but I hadn't come up with a good way to attach it to a card. Today we decided to turn our cards into stockings and tuck the stars inside. The stockings ended up being a little wide to accommodate the star, but I think it still works okay. My original idea was to use different holiday papers for the three areas of the stockings, but this became tedious and Thomas tired of it very quickly. When I suggested we use the dot paints his enthusiasm renewed and when I later suggested we jazz them up with some glitter he got really excited. He signed the backs and we added a photo and notes. A suncatcher is tucked inside each one and included with the international exchange cards is a short note from Thomas. I think it'll be a fun card to receive.

No comments: