Sunday, July 19

Imperial Beach (IB)

Whew. It's been a busy weekend for our family. Friday evening we joined friends for Carlsbad's Concert in the Park (a different Jazz concert every Friday evening all summer long) It was great to finally catch one of these this summer and we all had such a good time that we're hoping to make it to a couple more before the summer ends. It's certainly where we'll be again this Friday evening!
.
Saturday we spent the morning in Irvine so I could participate in my first Mud Run event. M and the kids hung out at the park while I ran through mud pits, climbed over obstacles, waded through a lagoon... all very fun stuff! They caught sight of me once during the race. I'm pretty sure the kids had no idea what to make of this event! The family doesn't always go with me to the running races I do since they usually start so early. It was especially nice to have them with me for this one!
.
Saturday late afternoon I took the kids to a birthday party for one of Thomas' preschool classmates. Finlay's party was at the local Gymnastics Facility where the kids take tumbling so it was great fun for them. Meredith did a little bit, but it was really for the bigger kids at the party. Thomas had a really great time and was all smiles during the entire party. Afterwards he asked me when he gets to go back to preschool. We're moving him to a different preschool beginning mid-August so his last day at the preschool he has been attending was at the end of June. I didn't realize he'd missed seeing some of those preschool friends.
.
Today we were in Imperial Beach for the U.S. Open Sandcastle Competition. We got there a bit too early to see the completed entrants, but a day at the beach is always a good time. We walked the pier and beach, enjoyed cold treats at the street fair and looked at Mexico just 5 miles to the south. So close, yet a world away!
.
a favorite ~ cool treats thanks to M&Ms (yum!)
.
Mexico in the distance ~ early sandcastle competition

No comments: