Wednesday, March 25

Little Miss Meredith

This morning I realized my days of dressing Miss Meredith any which way I choose is coming to an abrupt end. Given the choice, she'd wear her "hoo-hoo-haw-haw shirt" every single day. It's from the Oregon Zoo, is yellow, and has a monkey on the front. It's cute, but every day?? This morning she wanted to wear only her diaper and these Chuck Taylor's that once belonged to Thomas. He only wore them a few times (kept tripping in them for some odd reason) and they almost fit, so I let her wear them. But no socks. She won't wear socks. And the dress? I had to do a quick switch-a-roo while she was distracted since her preferred outfit was covered in yogurt. And the hairclip that so neatly holds her hair away from her face? She rips it out every time I stick it back in her hair. But this look suits her -- active, girly and a wee bit crazy... er, I mean FUN.

2 comments:

Trina Rae said...

Ahhh... Welcome to my world. :-) Loving the M blogs--I find this age so amazing and fun. Can't wait to see her and T!

The McAuleys said...

Ha--I am guilty of hiding things in the basement to limit C's options to what I like. Today she came home complaining of being cold at school when they went to the park--when I looked down she no longer had any tights (footless) or socks on. It was barely 40 degrees and pouring rain. "Oh, I didn't think they looked pretty so I took them off when I got to school," was her response to my cries of dismay. And the day before I looked through the window of her classroom to see her standing in her spare shirt from her cubby and just her tights--she'd spilled soup on her jumper and then refused to wear the pants I put in her cubby for emergencies. A shirt and purple tights. Nice.