Friday, February 13

special Valentines


Today we delivered Valentines to a local senior nursing home. The residents loved seeing the kids. We received so many heartfelt Thank Yous. It was incredibly touching and definitely a great experience for the kids and myself. I was a little nervous that seeing the seniors might scare the children but my fears were unwarranted. We all split up in the dining room (lunch hour) so I didn't see what the other kids did, but mine both did great. We greeted residents and chatted with them while handing out Valentines. Thomas wished every person a Happy Valentine's Day. Of the 40 residents present for lunch today, we only saw about 10 because we were moving so slowly, but those 10 were really great and my kids loved it. On our way out Thomas said to me, "That was really fun to give out cards." Yes, it certainly was.



kids with their friends outside the nursing home

Before heading out this morning the kids made some last minute Valentines for playgroup friends. They painted hearts that I later cut out, punched a hole and strung on red yarn with a bead. I also added a short Valentine greeting on the back. Again, they loved handing these out to their friends. Meredith chased down Felicity from across the park to hand her the special one she made for her. So fun!

No comments: