Wednesday, May 21

public works

The city's Public Works Fair this morning was perfect for Thomas. Garbage trucks, wastewater trucks, fire truck, police cars, a cherry picker, tractors, everything imaginable for the kids to view and some for them to even climb on. Thomas loved it. I also enjoyed the fair but didn't enjoy being cornered by the wastewater guy who really wanted to show me how his truck works... I guess I must have looked interested? I wasn't.

Thomas picked out these new Teva sandals yesterday after trying on every sandal and flip flop that REI sells. They are a size 11. The kid has very large feet for a just-turned-three year old. He was so excited to carry the box around the store and then place it on the counter for purchase. He was grinning from ear to ear when he told the cashier they were his new shoes. He wanted to nap in them yesterday. Sometimes new shoes make me happy like that, too.

No comments: