Friday, September 1

(fi) sshhh at the Japanese Garden

It's been really fun for us to watch Thomas' language skills develop. He uses sign language for some words and verbalizes others. Sometimes the sign is accompanied by the word or what he says for the word. Just this week he started to sign/say words like banana, telephone and Neha (his friend from down the street). But one of my favorites is still fish. He leaves off the F and the I so it's just ssshhh. I love hearing it so much that I'm convinced we need to get him a pet fish.

This morning we visited the Japanese Garden with his cousin and aunt. As beautiful as the Garden and structures are, the Koi pond area was probably the most fun for both kids. There were so many swimming around and each one is so unique. Thomas recognized them and said ssshhh. Again I'm convinced he needs one. Not a Koi, but a fat little orange goldfish with bulging eyes...

No comments: