Sunday, December 18

holiday crafts and baking

I love all the fun activities we do over the holidays.  Our countdown to Christmas involves one holiday or family-oriented activity every single day.  Sometimes we fall behind a day or two, but we always catch up.  I write the activities with our calendar in one hand so I know what activities we have planned for the month beforehand.  This weekend our activities included baking holiday cookies for a cookie exchange (above) and crafting some ornaments (below).  Last year Grandma Susan asked for a handmade ornament from each of the kids.  It goes along with the kinds of things we like to do anyway so it's an easy one for us.  I've also been busy either getting rid of stuff or using up stuff we already have so these ornaments naturally came about using up things from our craft supply and the countless seashells we have lying around.  I love the results and hope all the recipients love them as much as we loved making them!

No comments: