Friday, June 18

soccer girl

Meredith is really enjoying soccer and improving each week. This morning she was running faster, kicking the ball harder and having a great time. When they break for water she always runs over to me, gets her sip, slaps me a high five and then trots off while I yell out "Good job, soccer girl!". Yes, I am that mother on the field.
.
When Meredith really enjoys an activity, she re-enacts that activity elsewhere. While running errands this afternoon she was showing Thomas her soccer skills and explaining to him the games they play. They were running and kicking pretend balls in the stores we stopped at. Later at home she showed me her "clipboard" and pen and told me she is Coach Elizabeth (I have no idea where she got that name) and Thomas is learning soccer. Good thing he's such a great brother and thoroughly supports - okay, plays along with - her.

No comments: