Wednesday, June 9

beets

A few weeks ago I challenged some local mama friends to join me in trying new vegetables and recipes. Each week we explore a different vegetable. Sometimes it's something that we haven't eaten before and other times it's something we already eat so then I just try a new recipe. It's been a fun challenge and hearing what the others are doing with the "veggie of the week" is equally fun. But this week we're doing beets... and no one is really liking it.
.
Last night I made a beet dish that nobody ate. I had one beet left that I wanted to marinate and grill tonight but after last night's dish I just couldn't bring myself to do it. This morning I boiled that last beet and the kids used it for some exploration painting in the backyard. They enjoyed this much more than eating the beet. The painting later turned from beets and other food items to sponge painting...
.

No comments: