Monday, June 21

old neighborhood friends

Friends from Portland are visiting the area so today we met up with them at Legoland. I first met Shannon when Thomas and her daughter were about a year and a half old. We only lived a few houses apart yet we didn't meet until she joined the neighborhood playgroup. The group was trading drop-off playdates to allow moms to get to know one another better. She and I had breakfast downtown at Mother's Bistro and then got pedicures at a spa salon in NW Portland. Such a nice morning out for me -- I was pregnant with Meredith and it was the first time I had left Thomas in someone else's care (besides my mom) -- and it was esp. fun to hang out and get to know Shannon. Spending time with her and her family today was a treat for all of us -- thank you!

No comments: