Tuesday, March 30

his first book club


It's fun to learn new things about your children. This morning I learned that Thomas has more confidence than I thought he did, he offers answers quickly and is also a bit of a class clown. A preschool friend recently invited him to join his newly-formed Book Club. I knew it'd be a good thing for Thomas since he loves books and talking about things he knows. This morning's meeting was the first for this Book Club made up of 4 year olds. There were 5 children and each brought a book of their choice and a presentation of some sort to tie in with the book. Thomas was the first one to present. He was quiet for about 20 seconds and I began to feel a bit concerned, but then he dove right into the presentation. The kids were all laughing almost the whole time and really enjoyed his presentation and book. During the other presentations he spoke up (when appropriate) and shared what he knew about their books and/or the book's contents. I was really quite impressed by my little guy!
.
A week ago I worried about Thomas entering Kindergarten in the Fall and all those changes that will then occur. He'll be moving from his preschool class of 14 kids to the elementary school with probably 32 kids in his class. It'll be an adjustment, for sure, but after seeing him this morning and watching him on the field yesterday at preschool I'm not as concerned. He's going to be just fine. I'm looking forward to the new things he'll experience in Kindergarten, the new friends he'll make and listening to him tell us about his day.
.

1 comment:

The McAuleys said...

32 kids in KINDERGARTEN?!!? Whew--I thought things were bad here! That's crazy. But much nicer to have a responsible Thomas to worry about in that setting than a child with more challenges. :)