Tuesday, August 5

favorite spaces

When we first moved into this house, I busied myself in the kitchen finding the perfect spot to keep things. Lovely large, deep and adjustable shelves in the island cabinets were perfect for all the kids' cups, bowls and plates because they could access the items themselves. The bookshelves at the end of the island were perfect to arrange all my cookbooks on. They'd be accessible to me, so I'd cook more delicious, fresh and healthy meals for my family. It was wonderful! Then things started to be pulled out of the cabinets and pulled off the shelves, only to be left lying around the kitchen floor. My tactics to have these items returned to their proper areas or, better yet, to be left alone entirely were unsuccessful. I gave up. The kids' won. Now these once-treasured spaces of mine are treasured spaces of theirs. Here we'll find them hiding, playing, resting, taking a break from the other or just hanging out. Next to the pantry, these are two of their favorite spaces in the house. Note: The pantry is hands-down everyone's favorite! If you saw it, you'd understand. It'd be your favorite, too.
.

No comments: