Thursday, July 12

Oregon Coast



.
The best thing about living where we do is how easily accessible the mountains and the ocean are. I woke up this morning, saw that our day was wide open and totally decided on a whim to take the kids to the beach. It's been triple-digit-warm here the last few days and a cool day at the beach sounded like a great respite from the heat. Less than an hour later, we were packed up and on the road.

Gearhart is this wonderful, quiet little beach town just two miles north of the busy and loud Seaside, Oregon. We love Gearhart for many reasons, one of which being that you can drive onto the beach which made it very easy for me to manage the two kids on my own today. I'm sure we were quite the sight as I loaded up the wagon with Thomas and carried Meredith in the sling. It was easy to find ourselves a quiet little area to eat our lunch and play in the sand. Very relaxing and enjoyable for this mama!

Afterwards we stopped in crazy Seaside for a minute and Thomas caught sight of the carrousel. He said he wanted to ride it but when it came right down to it (and fortunately just minutes before it started to move), he passed. Maybe we'll do that on our next visit.

5 comments:

Trina Rae said...

Wow--courageous mama! What a fun day!!

Trina Rae said...

Wow--courageous mama! What a fun day!!

Suzie Petunia said...

We went to the coast on Friday on a whim! We should have coordinated our "whims"! :) It was so warm - not typical Oregon coast weather, and we loved it! I had five kids with me, so I felt like a full-time lifeguard the entire time, but we soaked in the sun and had fun anyway. We went to Cannon Beach. We'll have to try Gearhart some time.

Chelle said...

I'm trying to keep my jealousy in check. We used to love trips to the coast. Our other favorite destination was Silver Falls. Just gorgeous.

Glad you had a fun trip to the beach!

Kelly(M&M) said...

I am jealous of you beach combers! And very impressed, I might add. We really should coordinate all of us going.

Chelle- I LOVE Silver Falls. I think we have taken every person who comes to visit hiking up there.