Friday, July 6

first baby vs. second baby

Thomas couldn't resist joining in on the fun! He asked me to photograph him just like I was photographing Meredith.
.
Okay. So Meredith is now 10 weeks old and I still have not sent out a birth announcement. I have to wonder if there's some etiquette concerning when these get mailed? Is it too late at this point? A quick internet search says it's best to do it right away, but all sites agree that up to 3 months after a birth is socially acceptable. Whew! It looks like I'll be getting these out there just in time...
.
Prior to Meredith's arrival, I remember thinking that I would document her every move and be totally on top of photos and things like birth announcements just as I was with Thomas. There was no question in my mind that everything I did for Thomas would also be done for his sister. And then the reality of having a toddler and a newborn set in.
.
Her first year calendar isn't nearly as full of information as his, Thank You cards have fallen by the wayside (much to my dismay, but I seriously cannot remember who gave us what) and I'm just now getting around to birth announcements. Someday she'll ask me when she first smiled and my answer will be "...ummm, around 2 months, I think..." because I honestly don't know. And then I'll explain that I was too busy loving her and her brother every second of every day to write down each and every little detail...

No comments: