Monday, January 15

ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Yes, this is Thomas in a new toddler bed. Today marks his first nap in this little bed (note the second mattress on the floor and the many, many pillows nearby - just in case!). Yesterday we had the frame set up in the living room and he enjoyed playing all around it and in it. He would get in and get out, over and over again. M set it up in his room last night so this morning I showed it to Thomas and he eagerly climbed up into it. I told him he'd be napping there this afternoon after his new special friend came to visit. Yes, Thomas has a new special friend, too. Of course, Bela thinks the woman is her new special friend, but that's a whole other story.
.
Something that happened last week left me needing some help with Thomas and also around the house. Doctor's orders! So this morning we had a nanny come in and stay with Thomas for four hours. It was the first time we had left him in someone else's care (other than a relative) so it was a big deal for me, but it didn't phase him at all. I left for about half the time and was "around" the other half. He really enjoyed playing with someone new and even I found myself enjoying listening to them play for the last little bit. I heard him say "up the hill". I hadn't heard him string three words together before so that was a nice surprise. When it was time for her to go, he gave her a hug and scrambled up onto the bench in the living room so he could watch her drive away. Overall, a positive first experience for both Thomas and myself.
.
When it was time for his nap, Thomas walked upstairs to his room and went immediately to his new bed. He climbed up on it and sat for a few minutes before starting to climb back off. I told him that he'd be napping in his new bed today and he got right back up there and laid down. I then covered him up, planted a kiss on his forehead, Greta sniffed him a little and that was it. Not a peep. No movement whatsoever. Nothing. Nada.

1 comment:

Jay & Jody said...

Thomas is such a good little boy! I can't believe he transitioned to a bed so easily. What a champion!! We hope all is well with you and that you are able to get the rest you need.