Thursday, January 4

blogging

I started this blog in October 2005 as a way to keep family and friends updated with the latest Thomas happenings (and the latest with our girls, too!). I've never been totally comfortable with the blog because of it's very public nature. It's a bit unnerving to think that anyone anywhere can access this blog. However, the public blog format is easy and works well. I've made an effort to not put too much personal information on it, to scrutinize all photos before posting, to not post photos and stories that may embarrass him someday, etc.

Lately I've been thinking about how much longer I want to continue One Boy, Two Dogs. I love that I'm actively documenting these first few years of Thomas' life (I'm pretty sure a written journal wouldn't be nearly as full), but I don't think I want to continue with it for years. Perhaps this new baby's arrival will be a good time to end this particular blog and begin a new one. I'll continue to post photos and stories of Thomas, but they'll be focused on the new baby. And two years later, I'll probably need to reconsider again what this blog is doing and how I want to use it.

Of course, this change won't happen until the new baby arrives (expected in May!), but this title will no longer work. Any suggestions? Maybe One Girl, Two Dogs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll miss the Thomas blog! But I do look forward to the next chapter and seeing the adventures of his little sister!