Saturday, October 7

musical chairs, anyone?

Today marked an entirely new car riding experience for Thomas -- we turned him around so he now faces forward. As with anything child-related, I had read several different recommendations as to when to make this change. Everyone seems to have an opinion. We had decided to put it off until he weighed closer to 30 pounds. Not sure if that's where he's at right now, but he feels pretty close and we're comfortable with spinning the seat around. He didn't mind facing backward, but seems maybe just a little happier to be facing forward.

Of course, having him face forward and now seated behind the passenger seat is totally throwing me off. For the past 16+ months I've been watching him via the rear view mirror (and another mounted on the backseat). Now I only get a partial view of him in the rear view mirror and instead need to peek over my shoulder to see him. While out driving this afternoon, I found myself constantly checking the rear view mirror and, on more than one occasion, wondering where Thomas was...

No comments: