Thursday, October 5

Hollywood comes to the 'hood

Thomas and I rode our bikes over to watch filming of Sean Penn's new movie "Into the Wild". They have been in production on the Oregon coast since June, but have now moved inland and landed right in our 'hood. We weren't able to get too close as they were in the middle of filming, but I did snap a few photos of what we were able to see. Right behind the blue newspaper stand above are actors William Hurt and Marcia Gay Harden. The guy to the left in a gray t-shirt and jeans is director Sean Penn. Also starring in this film are actors Vince Vaughn and Catherine Keener, but we didn't see either today.
.
After they finished shooting one scene, I figured we had seen enough and Thomas and I started walking our bike down the block away from the shoot. Marcia Gay Harden was coming up behind us and stopped when she reached us to gush over Thomas. She and her assistant oohed and aahed over him, commenting on how adorable he is. Marcia asked if he was almost two, made a few comments about the monkeys on his bicycle helmet and said our setup with the bicycle and bicycle trailer looked like a lot of fun. Her face was familiar but I could not remember her name or think of anything intelligent to say. I resorted to the normal small talk I'd do with any stranger. Of course, once we got home I had to look her up online to find out her name. Marcia Gay Harden! Duh.
.

No comments: