Thursday, May 18

eating crow

I've learned to never say never when it comes to children. Before becoming a parent, I would frown upon some of the things I saw other parents do and/or say. I had no basis for thinking what they were doing was wrong, but I did anyway and swore up and down that I would never do those same things. Yet today, I need 10 minutes to eat a snack and use the restroom. And I have just sat Thomas down in front of the television with a cup of goldfish crackers.

Sadly, this occupied him for a whole 2 minutes. He has been walking circles in this room for the past 10 minutes, crunching goldfish crackers and proceeding to grind them into the rug forever.

I am amazed by his recent development in mobility and speech. Two weeks ago, he could only do the commando crawl and he really wasn't even all that good at it. Now, he's crawling, walking solo and chatting up a storm, alternating between what sounds like a statement and a question. Wild.

No comments: