Saturday, April 1

Could he know?

Funny story to share...

I was making lunch this afternoon and had Thomas in his exersaucer hanging out in the kitchen with me. His is different than most in that it has three legs that touch the floor. One is a stationary leg and the other two have wheels so the exersaucer can either be moving or locked into a stationary position. These last few weeks, Thomas has taken to pulling up a corner and dragging the thing across the floor. He's able to move around a room with this nifty little trick.

So, I'm cooking on the stove and Thomas is spinning around in the exersaucer. He moves it around the kitchen and heads toward the hall. Somehow he is able to maneuver the thing around some corners and ends up getting it almost entirely into the bathroom. I know he's safe so I leave him alone and continue cooking. Then I hear him grunt. I look over and see what I affectionately refer to as "his poop face". When he finishes, he picks up a corner of the exersaucer and moves it back into the hall and toward the kitchen. He makes it into the kitchen where I scoop him up and take him back into the bathroom for a diaper change.

Could he really know? The kid amazes me.

[Note: This is not an April Fool's joke.]

No comments: