Wednesday, September 29

Kindergarten homework

Thomas has daily homework that is given out in a monthly packet. The students receive it at the beginning of the month and turn in all the assignments at the end of the month. Tomorrow is the last day of the month and we haven't been on top of the homework. Oops! would be an understatement. They ask the students to do a little every day and we've failed miserably at that. Fortunately for me, Thomas is a great student, intelligent and works very hard. When I told him this afternoon that we were going to spend the rest of the day doing homework (!!!) he was totally fine with the plan. In total, I'm embarrassed to say we spent more than 3 hours today doing homework. But Thomas? He didn't complain once and was excited to work on the sheets and tell me about the sheets he had already completed. He's such a trooper for this procrastinating mama! However, next month I will be diligent about spending time each and every day going over things with him. I want to instill this sort of work ethic in him early because I know that when he's older he won't be so agreeable to spending the whole afternoon doing homework just because his mom waited until the last minute!

No comments: