Monday, December 28

an old friend

We bought this juicer years ago, but it was one of those appliances that just seemed like more work than it was worth. So many parts to clean, a lot of fruit for a little juice - you get the idea. A friend recently told me about a juicer she had just purchased and it made me think that maybe I should drag ours out again. After dinner tonight we juiced a whole bunch of "cuties", crushed some ice and blended them together with frozen mangoes. Yum! The kids loved helping peel the fruit and dropping them into the juicer. I think this appliance will be used a bit more often now.

3 comments:

Cory said...

I've had my juicer for years too and have come to enjoy the phases where I juice like mad, then put it away for a time. (Also, getting 10-pound bags of organic carrots at Costco often pushes me into a juicing phase :)

Trina Rae said...

That is an enormous appliance! Good thing you have that big, beautiful kitchen! :)

cherl said...

Good tip, Cory! I'll be hitting Costco later this week and will see what I can find. :)

Trina- I know. Can you picture Mike and I juicing at our Portland house? This is why it didn't get much play back then.