Tuesday, December 2

bottle opener v. snowglobe

You know those really annoying bottle cap openers that talk or play music once the cap is popped? We have two in our house. One plays my alma mater's fight song and the other is Homer Simpson speaking. Of course, the Simpsons opener is the one the kids favor and since M showed Thomas an easy way to make it work by using a spoon... well, let's just say I've heard the following all day long:
"Mo, give me another beer."
"Alright."
"Gimme gimme gimme. This is the greatest beer of my life. I'm king of the world!"
I kid not.

In an effort to combat the continuous playing of this opener, I thought picking up the musical snowglobe he saw at Home Depot today would draw his attention away from the opener and soon he'd forget. Well, it did. But now I have to wonder: which is really the more annoying to this mama's ears? I guess with the snowglobe there isn't the fear of him repeating anything.


T & the snowglobe music from c on Vimeo.

No comments: