Sunday, August 5

talking at two

Thomas talks all the time. Some of the things are funny, but I always wonder what a stranger would think if he were overheard in public. Some could get us in trouble! Fun things we've heard him say this weekend...

"Tim the realtor has a nice house." [He seems to think every house the realtor shows us is really the realtor's own house. And he likes them all.]

"Oh, WOW! I like that." [He says this about everything - every other house around the neighborhood, every construction vehicle we pass, every truck we see while out driving, etc.]

"Mommy, don't hit the baby." [I was patting Meredith on the back to help her burp. Really!]

"Daddy, don't hit mommy." [While driving, M reached over and patted my leg. Really!]

"Thomas has a penis. Daddy has a penis. Mommy does not have a penis. Meredith does not have a penis. Bela does not have a penis. Greta does not have a penis."

"I had a good time." [After anything and everything we do.]

"I don't like pictures." [One out of every four photos I snap looks like this.]

By far our favorite is "I love you, Daddy" (once it was even mommy!). He will say it totally out of the blue. And sometimes with an arm thrown around M's shoulder.

The twos are fun.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! So good that you are writing this stuff down. It's more than precious. Love the penis differentiation. he's cracked the code. : )

Jay & Jody said...

Thomas is such a good talker. Oh...the things he says!! :)