Sunday, August 19

pretty in pink

Meredith received so many great hand-me-downs and gifts that we haven't really had to buy much of anything for her. I enjoy seeing her in the cute things her cousin wore just two years earlier. Lots of memories there. I also love this box full of wonderful things our neighbor gave us. Her daughter was dressed very well and it was so sweet of her to share these special items with Meredith. I especially love this pink linen outfit. There's nothing more sweet than a baby girl in pink. Well, maybe with clips or a bow in her hair but we'll get there soon enough...

Meredith is already growing up too quickly. I'm savoring every moment because I know this period will be over with before we know it and soon I'll hear the same kinds of things I hear out of Thomas' mouth: "I don't like kisses. No more kisses, mom." Yes, he calls me mom and M is now dad. Whatever happened to mama and dada??

Latest Meredith news? She rolled this morning for the first time! She's been close for about a month, but this morning she rolled four times like she's been doing it for weeks. Sleep is also improving. I'm afraid I'll jinx it by saying anything, but the last two weeks have seen many 5 and 6 hour blocks of sleep at night. It's usually just the one good block but last night she did a 6 hour followed by a 3-1/2 hour block. Yes, this mama (or mom as Thomas now calls me) was doing a happy dance this morning! Her 4am gassiness seems to have subsided which is why she's now doing a longer second block of sleep. Thank goodness.

3 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

She is a cutie! I just love the stylish, non-stained hand-me-downs! I've been trying to teach Alice to roll. She is just too content where she is!

Chelle said...

So precious. I have such mixed feelings when I see pictures and hear stories about babies. I really don't want anymore for myself, but I do miss all that yumminess of a baby. May I borrow yours? I'd probably be ready to give her back after a day or so. ha ha.
It sounds like you really are savoring the amazing moments with her-- and your little guy, too. : )

Jay & Jody said...

Wow, she's growing so fast! What a little beauty.