Saturday, April 28

meeting Meredith


Thomas saw his baby sister for the first time Friday afternoon right after I was discharged from the hospital. He's been talking about her for months so I was really happy for him to finally meet her - even if there was a door with a window between them. He smiled at her and seemed to understand who she was and he was definitely curious and interested in this new little baby. He continues to talk about her and knows that we go to the hospital to visit her, even if he doesn't actually get to visit with her. This morning he was playing with some bath frogs and named them - the large frog was either mama or daddy and the two little frogs were Thomas and baby Meredith. It was the sweetest thing and I hope his fondness for his little sister only continues to grow when she comes home.

Unfortunately, Meredith will remain in NICU for a few more days as she adjusts to living in our world. She's healthy and doing well, she just needs to gain the necessary strength to eat consistently and adequately. She tires both at the breast and with a bottle so she's often fed the remainder of her food through a feeding tube in her nose. Every day she gets a little bit stronger so hopefully it won't be too long now. I haven't taken many photos of her that I want to share on this blog, but will hopefully have some new photos soon to post!

2 comments:

Jay & Jody said...

It's so good to hear that Baby Meredith is doing well. I bet you are all looking forward to the day you can bring her home. We are thinking of you guys all the time!

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hi Cherl,

I was glad to read an update. How are you feeling? That is so cute about Thomas and the frogs. There is nothing cuter than a little boy with his sister. (But I guess I am a little biased!) I hope she gets to come home soon and I am thinking of you.

Kelly