Wednesday, February 28

nanny Sarah

We've been having a nanny come in every other week for just one day to care for Thomas while I take care of other things and get a break. It's been nice to meet the different temporary nannies and learn about what we like and don't like about them. They've all been really great, but I think we found ourselves a winner this morning.

Thomas warmed up very quickly to her (I think it was the resemblance to his cousin Kayla both in physical appearance and personality), the dogs loved her and I felt very comfortable leaving the house for several hours. It sounds like they had a great time and were even able to sneak in a walk to the park during a break in the weather.

As she was getting ready to leave, Thomas was all smiles. He hugged her several times and kept waving and saying "Bye Bye Sarah". When she left our house, he climbed up on the bench to watch her out the window. He knocked on the glass to get her attention and waved to her. She smiled and honked as she drove off and he continued waving to her until her car was no longer in sight.

I don't even know all the details of what they did, but I'm guessing it was all good as far as Thomas was concerned. He likes everyone, but he really liked her. Maybe this was a first crush? Whatever it was, I've already requested she come back next week. If he could say it, I'm pretty sure I'd be hearing "When is Sarah coming again??" every single day until she does...

No comments: