Thursday, July 14

active days

Today's 2 hour tennis camp immediately followed by a 3 hour hike with friends (in full sun, no less) equals a very, very tired little boy.  He took a short cat nap on the sofa before setting up this little bed in the backyard.  It's no wonder he asked me earlier this week when summer will be over -- I must be filling his days a little too much.  Thomas also said to me (earlier this week), "I want to go back to school!"  Seriously.

Today's highlight: a rattlesnake while on our hike!  Thankfully we did not see it but the very loud rattle was undeniably a rattlesnake letting us know we were intruding his space.  I'm thankful both dogs were on leashes and all the kids (my two and a friend's two) were all behind us.  We made a very quick 180* turn and got out of that area as fast as we could!

No comments: