Wednesday, January 6

dance classes again

It's been a busy week as we've settled back into our regular routines. Thomas missed a full month of preschool (one half-day exception just before Christmas but it was a performance & party day so not really a preschool day) but started back this week. I thought it might be difficult for him since he had been gone for so long. However, he was ready. As much as these two love each other, I think they were both looking forward to the little bit of time apart each week.

The start of a new year also brings new classes. Thomas' karate class starts next week and Meredith's dance class started today. She's moved up to the 3yo class so I am no longer taking the class with her. There were a total of 6 girls in class today and nearly all of them will be 4 in late spring/early summer. Meredith is by far the youngest girl in class (she's 3 in April) but she's had Ms. Ginger before and knows her instructional approach. My sweet girl teared up a little when she realized I wasn't going to dance with her today. I assured her that Thomas and I would be waiting right outside the window, watching her the whole time. She quickly got over it and found her place to start the class. She's such a big girl!

No comments: