Tuesday, December 18

"the green lady lives here..."

I picked up this U.S. map puzzle several months ago for Thomas because I thought he'd enjoy talking about and seeing where family and friends live. I figured it would be difficult for him for awhile, but he's suprisingly good at it. He knows we live in Oregon, great grandma lives with the apples, daddy was born where potatoes grow, mommy went to school with the cows, etc... The holiday card swap we are doing has given us even more states to identify. One of my favorites that he now easily identifies is the state where the "green lady" lives. Just yesterday he was putting New York in its place and said, "We had lunch with the green lady." It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about but then it occurred to me that the Red Robin in Seattle had a Statue of Liberty poster hanging near our table. He had pointed it out while we were there a few weeks ago. So yes, we did have lunch with the green lady...

No comments: